Lead Golf Coach
Coaching in Wade’s opinion is all about creating an environment that facilitates learning, growth, and performance within the golfer. This is achieved by use of a holistic and measurable approach to player development where the golfer can take ownership and thus responsibility to guide their own performance through enhanced self awareness. Wade’s professional philosophy regarding coaching and performance have been shaped by many different people from a variety of sports as well as golf including Psychology, Mental Game, Biomechanics, Skill Acquisition, Motor Learning, Trackman, Performance Coaching, and personal development. This approach has allowed Wade to develop a player centered approach to coaching where performance and results can be influenced in several ways. The most important aspect of my coaching philosophy is to ensure the students are having fun.
- Coaching Experience
- PGA of Canada, Level 1, 2, 3 CDC & CNC
- NCCP Accredited Coach
- Head Golf Coach and Teaching Professional Forge Golf
- Amateur Golfers & PGA Professionals (including touring pros)
- Junior Development Coach
- Work Experience
- GA of Canada Class “A” Professional
- Callaway Master Fitter
- Associate Professional Northern Bear Golf Club 2011-2016
- Head Golf Professional Desert Blume Golf Club 2016-2019
- Associate Golf Professional Pinebrook Golf & Country Club 2020-Present
- Grant MacEwan University, Bachelor of Business
- Professional golf management diploma
Wade was born in Nelson, BC where he grew up playing hockey in the winters and golf in the summers. Wade played university Hockey at Grant MacEwan University in Edmonton where he played a season for the schools club before moving on to the Innisfail Eagles in the Senior AAA league in Alberta. Wade's passions outside of Golf and hockey are fly fishing, travelling and cooking.
Wade now resides in Calgary where he lives with his fiance, two daughters and Siberian husky.