Chairman and Founder
Mark is a global leader in youth sports and actively influences the paradigm shift that is happening around the world. Mark’s entrepreneurial spirit has enabled him to build businesses from the ground up in the following fields: Sport and education, technology, entertainment, real estate and capital investment. Mark is also very passionate about supporting the community and important causes to better humanity. Mark’s role in the Village is to build and continue to support our company as we lead in the shift of high performance youth development in sport, education and leadership.
- Founder and CEO of TheDrillBook (now Global Coach TV) 2013
- Development Coach - Dallas Stars Organization - NHL 2014-2015
- Calder Cup Champion - Texas Stars - American Hockey League 2014
- Special Advisor to the General Manager - Prince Albert Raiders - Western Hockey League - Present
- Western Hockey League Champion - Prince Albert Raiders 2019
- Willow Creek Composite High School Distinguished Alumni of the Year & Wall of Fame Inductee 2017
- International Consultant and Builder - China Hockey 2011
- NHL Coaches Association Guest Speaker/Presenter - NHL Draft - Minnesota 2011
- Author, Speaker and Presenter around North America in themes such as: Executive Leadership, Coaching, Youth Development & Technology - Present
- ACAC Collegiate Champions - SAIT Trojans - Associate Coach - 1996
- Executive Committee Member and Honoured Hero for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada - Present
- Guest Speaker and Key Note for organizations such as: Transformative Physicians - Master Teacher Program Cumming School of Medicine, Foothills Medical Centre Stroke Unit, Local, Provincial and National Sport Associations - Present
- Course Conductor for the National Coaching Certification Program:
- Intro to Coach
- Coach Level
- Development 1
- High Performance 1
- Body Checking
- BA - Communications - University of Calgary
- ASA - Liberal Arts - Laramie County Community College
Mark was originally from Claresholm, Alberta and grew up playing many sports. Once graduating high school, Mark chose to attend college in the United States on a golf scholarship.
In fact, Mark was the youngest golfer in Alberta to get a hole-in-one!
Mark currently lives in Calgary with his wife Loretta. His two children, Connor (Golf) and Katie (Hockey) are both attending University in the U.S.A. He's very proud of the family, friendships and life long partnerships he has been able to establish in his lifetime.