Jessica believes providing youth with a safe and secure therapeutic space promotes personal authenticity and confidence in and out of sport. Jessica pays specific attention to the development of an athlete’s mental health as research suggests it is as important as ones physical health when working to maximize individual human potential.
- Co-Founder, Individual Therapist & Group Facillitator –MindfulAthletics
- Individual Therapist & Group Facilitator- Healthy Relationships Program, Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter
- Individual and Group Therapist -Boys and Girls Club of Vancouver
- Urgent Mental Health Psychotherapist – Vancouver Island Health Authority
- Masters of Arts in Counselling Psychology- University of Victoria
- A Professional member of the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Bachelor of Arts- University of Lethbridge
Jessica is originally from Trail, BC and played a variety of competitive sports as a young person. In addition, Jessica’s father Tom Renney coached in the NHL for over 13 years and currently serves as the President and CEO of Hockey Canada.
Jessica works hard to maintain a meaningful and connected relationship with her fiancé, son and daughter.